The professional organizing industry has had a huge increase in demand over the last decade, because many people are caught in a perfect storm of long work hours, caregiving for children and the elderly, and deeply discounted consumer goods (too much stuff). The result has been chaos and strife in our homes, which should be a place for peace and harmony.
Answer these questions to see if you need a professional organizer.
- When you look at a disorganized room in your house, are you overwhelmed and don’t know where to start?
- Have you or anyone in your family been diagnosed with ADD/ADHD, OCD, depression, addiction, chronic disorganization, executive functioning disorder, or hoarding?
- Have you experienced a major life event in the past 5 years such as: moving, divorce, marriage, birth or adoption of a child, serious illness or death of a family member, or a transition into or out of the work force?
- Do you have any illnesses that are worsened by stress?
- Are you working outside the home in addition to caring for children or elderly relatives?
- Is it difficult for you to find 6 or more uninterrupted hours in a day for medium-to-large organizing projects?
- Were you organized at one point in your life and wish you could return to a place of organization?
- Do you or your family members have trouble getting it together before leaving in the morning? Are you often late for school or work?
- Are you behind on paying bills?
- Is your house dirty because the rooms are too cluttered to clean?
- Are you embarrassed to have guests in your house due to the state of disorganization?
- Have you inherited a lot of sentimental items from relatives that you have trouble parting with?
- Do you have several collections or would you describe yourself as “pack rat?”
- Are your family members “messies” who don’t pick up after themselves, making it seem futile to get organized?
- Do you often buy duplicate items because you can’t find things?
- Are you or anyone in your house a “shopaholic”?
- Are you unable park your cars in the garage, or use your dining room table, due to clutter?
- Have you tried to get organized by buying containers and storage bins, only to never use them?
Many millions of Americans can answer “yes” to some of these questions. You are not alone.
A Peaceful Place professional organizer can help you get your home into smooth working order so that it is truly a home – a place to relax, be happy and enjoy your family.
Click here to learn about our 4 step process for organizing your home into a peaceful place.